Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Spiritually thirsty Daily Devotional: The thrist is real!

Spiritually Thirsty Daily Devotional

       I love You, Lord, my strength. The Lord is my rock, my fortress, and my deliverer, my God, my mountain where I seek refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. I called to the Lord, who is worthy of praise, and I was saved from my enemies. (Psalm 18: 1-3). It is good to praise Yahweh, to sing praise to your name most High, to declare your faithful love in the morning and your faithfulness at night. (Psalm 92: 1-2). I will praise the Lord at all times his praise will always be on my lips. (Psalm 34:1). I will praise the Lord who counsels me. (Psalm 16:7). I will give you thanks with all my heart. I will sing your praise. I will bow down toward your holy temple and give thanks to your name. (Psalm 138: 1-2). Even at night my conscience instructs me. (Psalm 16:7). I lie down and sleep. I wake again because the Lord sustains me. (Psalm 3:5) At day break, Lord you hear my voice at day break, I plea my case to you and wait expectantly. (Psalm 5:3). I say, the Lord is my portion therefore I will put my hope in him. (Lam 3: 24). Lord, you are my portion and my cup of blessing you hold my future. The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places. (Psalm 16:5-6*). Protect me, God for I take refuge in you, I said to Yahweh you are Lord (Psalm 16:1-2*) my light and my salvation (Psalm 27:1). I fear nothing for he will conceal me in his shelter in the day of adversity he will hide me under the cover of his tent he will set me high on a rock. (Psalm 27:5). How joyful is the man the Lord does not charge with sin and in whose spirit is no deceit (Psalm 32:2). I acknowledged my sin to you and did not conceal my iniquity I said, I will confess my transgressions to the Lord and you took away the quilt of my sin. (Psalm 33:5). For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son that who so ever believe in him should not perish but have everlasting life.(John 3:16)


 Side Note: This was created because I was spiritually thirsty and filling myself with everything but the word of the Lord, my Creator, my God, my King and I wanted to have something that I can confess every morning after spending some time with the Lord. The following scriptures also kept me in remembrance of God cause sometimes as believers we forget about God and all his majesty and we tend to throw him to the back of the to do list, when he should always be first. Also, According to Matthew 6:33 but seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness and all these things will be provided for you. I wanted something that speaks on praising God and him being my portion, him protecting me and sustaining me as well as me repenting of my sins and it was very important for me to have biblical facts (scripture) to support what I was saying. Amen. My hope is that you find comfort in his word and any scripture with a * sign by it means its just a portion of the text not the whole key scripture. Be blessed and may God's love, protection, and blessing be on you til next time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment